Monday, August 07, 2006

Does Sheriff Beary owe the Hispanic community an apology?

From News 13...

Orange County Sheriff Kevin Beary issued an apology Friday for comments made after announcing the death of Deputy Callin.

Beary's comments sparked outrage throughout the Hispanic community, inundating local Spanish-speaking radio stations with complaints

Earlier this week, Beary sent an apology letter to Spanish-language newspaper El Nuevo Dia for his comments Wednesday night.

"I'm irritated with the federal government right now, because in both cases these individuals who killed the cops in Central Florida are illegal aliens,” Beary said. “I'm tired of the rhetoric. I'm tired of nothing being done, and something needs to be done because with the violence, our quality of life is going down in Central Florida. And if we don't take it back and start doing something and the government has to make the first move. We're going to be in a world of hurt. I'm not picking on anybody. I'm all for legal immigration, always support it. I swore an oath to it. The bottom line is simple. If they're illegal, we've got to do something and change the way we do business because it's bullcrap."

The letter, in part, reads "I apologize to everyone in Central Florida...I did not intend to infer that all illegal residents are violent offenders. I want to make one thing perfectly clear; there is no single segment of this community who is responsible for crime."

Beary doesn't owe anyone an apology. The 1 million plus illegal aliens in Florida owe Beary and law enforcement a huge apology. I'd like an investigative journalist to find out if any segment of our community is disproportionately responsible for crime in Central Florida. Wouldn't that be an eye opener?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home