Wednesday, January 04, 2006

With this herring I thee wed


British woman ‘marries’ dolphin, tying the net after 15-year courtship

JERUSALEM - Sharon Tendler met Cindy 15 years ago. She said it was love at first sight. This week she finally took the plunge and proposed. The lucky "guy" plunged right back.

In a modest ceremony at Dolphin Reef in the southern Israeli port of Eilat, Tendler, a 41-year-old British citizen, apparently became the world's first person to "marry" a dolphin.

"It's not a perverted thing. I do love this dolphin. He's the love of my life," she said Saturday, upon her return to London.

When asked in the past if she had a boyfriend, she would always reply, "No. I'm going to end up with Cindy." On Wednesday, she made it official, sort of. While she acknowledged the "wedding" had no legal bearing she did say it reflected her deep feelings toward the bottlenosed, 35-year-old object of her affection.

"It's not a bad thing. It’s just something that we did because I love him, but not in the way that you love a man. It's just a pure love that I have for this animal," she said.
Who are we to judge? Maybe she was born that way, attracted to dolphins. It's just another alternative lifestyle. Look for their new book The Porpoise Driven Life.

4 Comments:

At 12:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have read that some twisted people actually seek out dolphins for sex. But who am I to judge?
...
Damn right I am going to judge! This straight white guy says this is just sick and perverted!

Jim in PA

 
At 2:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember reading years ago that some study found that, in the old wild west days, cowboys favored mares to help them get through those long lonely nights on the range.

I seem to remember reading that Russia's Katherine the Great died when a horse fell on her during sex.

After twenty years in the Navy, I heard many times that the scariest sound a sheep can hear is the sound of a shepherd's zipper.

I suspect that the bible would not have a prohibition against humans having sex with animals, if some humans were not inclined to do so.

Liberals don't seem to have any problem with animal sex, so I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that there's a very high probability that Dolphin Girl is a liberal.

 
At 10:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's one hot dolphin.

Jim in PA

 
At 1:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ya know, I just realized something: That dolphin looks a lot like Hillary.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home