Monday, February 13, 2006

Did Ann Coulter cross the line? Should she apologize?

There is much buzz this weekend about comments that conservative author/columnist Ann Coulter made at the Conservative Political Action Conference on Friday, a speech which I missed due to a book signing at the same event.

Ann used the term "raghead" when describing what our homeland security policies should be: "I think our motto should be post-9-11, 'raghead talks tough, raghead faces consequences.'"

Ann says many deliberately provocative things. This one was spectacularly ill-chosen and ill-timed.
Conservative author Michelle Malkin accused liberals of hypocrisy over the matter, pointing out that “I’ll show you 100 liberal hate mails and blog posts referring to me as a “gook” or “chink” or a “Filipina whore” for ever one “raghead” controversy on the right.

1 Comments:

At 12:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carter gave away the Panama Canal, and that makes him, at the very least, a fool, imho. W is allowing the Mexicans to overrun and rule the southwest border regions. Now he's turning six of our ports over to the Arabs. I knew before 2000 that he was an internationalist, but I've only slowly come to realize how little he regards our national sovereignty. I voted for him in 2000. I stayed home in 2004. I'll be glad when he's gone.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home