Friday, May 19, 2006

English only? It's racist!


SENATOR HARRY REID: I have affection for my friend from Oklahoma, but I have the greatest disagreement with him on this amendment. While the intent may not be there, I really believe this amendment is racist. I think it’s directed basically to people who speak Spanish.

Hat Tip to Expose the left

Local6 reports...
The U.S. Senate voted Thursday to make English the national language of the United States. Sort of.

It first voted 63-34 to establish English as the national language of the United States.

A few moments later, it voted 58-39 to call English a "common and unifying language."

Both were added to the immigration bill that is being crafted by the Senate.

Sen. Jim Inhofe, R-Okla., who supports "national" but not "common and unifying," complained that his colleagues were trying to "have it both ways."

3 Comments:

At 11:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wouldn't it be funny if his real last name was balls

 
At 2:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dind't Good Ol' Harry Reid oppose Justice Clarence Thomas as Cheif Justice Rehnquist's replacement? I think he said, "he has been an embarrassment to the Supreme Court." Sound pretty racist to me Harry! Sounds like the pot calling the kettle black! But that's a racist statment too, huh?

 
At 4:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There cumin to take me away HAH HAH!!!! HAH, HAH, HAH, HAH!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home