Friday, May 26, 2006

Immigration Bill Is Worse Than You Think

Sen. Jeff Sessions from Human Events...

I am going to take some time tonight to inform my colleagues about some of the problems with the legislation before us. It is worse than you think, colleagues.

The legislation has an incredible number of problems with it. Some, as I will point out tonight, can only be considered deliberate. Whereas on the one hand it has nice words with good sounding phrases in it to do good things, on the second hand it completely eviscerates that, oftentimes in a way that only the most careful reading by a good lawyer would discover. So I feel like I have to fulfill my duty. I was on the Judiciary Committee. We went into this. We tried to monitor it and study it and actually read this 614-page bill, and I have a responsibility and I am going to fulfill my responsibility.

I think the things I am saying tonight ought to disturb people. They ought to be unhappy about it. It ought to make them consider whether they want to vote for this piece of legislation that, in my opinion, should never, ever become law.

I would also just point out I will be offering tomorrow, or soon, an amendment to deal with the earned-income tax credit situation that is raised by this legislation, focusing on the amnesty in the bill and what will happen after amnesty is granted, before they become a full citizen. The Congressional Budget Office has concluded that the earned-income tax credit will pay out to those who came into our country illegally $29 billion over 10 years. The earned-income tax credit has been on the books for some time. It is a good bit larger than most people think. The average recipient of it receives $1,700. Lower-income people get a larger amount. Over half the people who we expect will receive amnesty are without a high school degree. They are receiving lower wages. They will be the ones who will particularly qualify for this. This is a score that has been given to us by the group that is supposed to score it—$29 billion will be paid out.

If they go all the way and become a citizen they will be entitled to this like any other citizen, and they will be entitled to get it under my amendment. But I do not believe we should award people who have entered our country illegally, submitted a false Social Security number, worked illegally—I do not believe we should reward them with $29 billion of the taxpayers’ money. That is a lot of money.

6 Comments:

At 11:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now what can the American people say... The polls showed around 80% of the American people were against this. The Senate slaps us in the face and passes it anyway. Than on Newsmax.com The latest poll shows incumbent Bill Nelson in the Senate, who voted for the bill, holding a big lead over the challenger Katherine Harris, by 56% - 26% of likely voters. So what are we saying here to Bill Nelson. Keep up the good work Bill! Either that, or the likely voters being polled are illegal immigrants.

 
At 1:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The 10:00 PM local news Thursday night, they had a story on some malls were going to ban teenagers during certain hours, unless they were over 17 or with an adult. This one kid said "we'll I'll just get a fake ID" They told him "having a fake ID is a felony chargeable up to 20 years in prison, and a fine..."

OK.. Let me get this right.. Someone can cross the border from MX illegally, get a fake birth certificate, drivers licence, etc. and we grant them amnesty and make them a US citizen; and we are telling some 16 year old if he gets a fake ID he might go to prison for 20 years?

 
At 3:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear sick boy. I agree completely with everything you said. These are my options below for the Primaries in Seminole County. Who do I vote for to get revenge on Bill Nelson? So far I know nothing about any of them, other than Nelson and Harris.

Candidates For The 2006 General Election
United States Senator
Seminole County


Candidate Status Primary Runoff General
Collins Jr., LeRoy (REP)
Qualified
Frazier , Floyd Ray (NPA)
Qualified
Harris , Katherine (REP)
Qualified
McBride , William "Will" (REP)
Qualified
Monroe , Peter (REP)
Qualified
Moore , Brian (NPA)
Qualified
Nelson , Bill (DEM)
Qualified
Noah , Belinda (NPA)
Qualified
Scott , Lawrence (WRI)
Qualified
Senter , Bernard (WRI)
Qualified
Tanner , Roy (NPA)
Qualified

...dias suomynona

 
At 3:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had this father of a kid on my boys soccer team, tell me that he was from Armenia and has been here since 1984/1985. He is a mechanic that works at a shop off of Forsyth Road south of Aloma. He told me what fools us Americans are, and the only reason he is here is because it's a good place to make money. It is not a good place to raise a family. When he qualifies for social security he planned to return to Armenia, and live like a king on his social security check. He told me he had no bank account but his wife had one. He only dealt in cash, and if he needed to send money to Armenia he used an underground network. For a small fee he knew the cash was delivered to his family in Armenia, and didn't pay Western Union fees, bank fees. Now do really need more people like this becoming citizens. I assume this man became a citizen after the 1986 amnesty.

 
At 9:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Could have swarn I passed Gary S. in a white Bronco on I-4 last night. But than you know, all them politicians look alike!

Thanks for narrowing it down. I think that Roy Tanner lives down the road from me. I'll have to make a drive by some morning and see if he has any Mexicans mowing his lawn..

Noah is out for me. I scratched voting for lawyers off my list after Bill Clinton, and Mel Martinez snookered everybody. I had to gag to vote for Keller, but haven't decided if I'll do that this year. After his vote against drilling off the coast, and the gulf. Now we can buy our oil from Cuba, China, and MX...

Maybe Pat or Bud will have the opportunity to interview Roy Tanner later this year, and see where he stands. Otherwise I'm afraid the illegal voters are going to put Nelson back in..

 
At 3:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was at Austin Tindell Park, Osceola County on Sunday for a soccer tournmant. Stopped at a 7-11 along Osceola Parkway, Buena Ventura Lakes, for a soda. There were around 10 customers in the store, and everyone of them was speaking Spanish, including the clerk. This hispanic guy had a stack of $20.00 bills about 6 inches high, and $1.00 bills in another pile. Had to wait for her to count them out, hide them away and give him a money order, wire transfer, or something. Than he left on his bike, after buying a pack of cigarettes. (Hope he has good health insurance..)

Than later on the way back to Seminole County on Narcosse Rd in Osceola, I stopped at McDonalds. Went inside and the manager and all the workers were babelling in Spanish. Osceola appears to have became a third world country over the last 10 years! Possibly, we can build a wall along the Osceola Orange county border....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home