Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Here's the e-mail that just lit up the phones today.

From: lee [mailto:XXXXXXX@hotmail.com]
Sent: Mon 10/2/2006 7:31 AM
To: Campbell, Pat (orlando)
Subject: Legal police action or execution....


Pat,
I know this will be wildly unpopular with your audience, but as an African-American my soul begs me to ask the question, was the shooting of the murder suspect in Polk County a legal police action or an execution? The suspect was shot 68 times, a total of 110 total shots fired. Was that necessary? How many shots does it take to bring a man down? My God, you can go to Iraq and not get shot 68 times! Let me qualify my concerns by saying I'm no bleeding heart for criminals. Be you white, black, or polka-dot, if you do the crime, you deserve to be punished! Conversely, you also deserve (have a right) to be judged by your peers. The sheriff said, they shot all of the rounds they had, and if they had more they would have continued to shoot. That tells me they were not concerned with bringing a suspect to justice, they wanted to bring their justice to the suspect. My heart goes out to the families of those slain deputies. I morn their loss, but what happened in those Polk County woods does not bring honor to the lives or the deaths of those officers.

Lee

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home