Saturday, May 12, 2007

Brian Williams Declares 'Most Believe a Woman Has a Right to an Abortion'

Since when?

Television anchors must compress complicated subjects into simple sentences, but on Friday night NBC's Brian Williams delivered too simple of a presumption when he set up a story, on Rudy Giuliani's latest attempt to explain his abortion position, by trying to paint Republicans as out of the mainstream as he asserted that “most Americans believe a woman has a right to an abortion. Most Republicans do not.” While it's true that most don't want abortion completely banned under all circumstances, the majority favor restrictions on such a “right” and only 16 percent, according to a February Washington Post poll, want it “legal in all cases.” And interestingly, the latest abortion poll on the PollingReport.com's abortion page, a May 4-6 survey by CNN/Opinion Research Corporation, discovered that 50 percent identified themselves as “pro-life” compared to a minority of 45 percent who called themselves “pro-choice.” NBC's own late April poll found that, by a fairly solid 53 to 34 percent, most agreed with the Supreme Court's decision upholding the federal law banning “partial-birth” abortions.

H/T Newsbusters

1 Comments:

At 9:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got a call last year asking if I was "pro-choice" or "pro-life". I always get confused which is which on that question... Now if they asked me "con-choice" or con-life". I know what they mean. But than, I am left handed and a left handed thinker.. I have to think twice.. pro; con; for; against... mmm.. So I gave the wrong answer, after I thought about it. Now why do they not ask the proper question for us high skool graduates out there.. Are you for abortion, or against abortion?

Wouldn't you know.. First time in my life, on Thursday night, I get a call from Rasmussen Polls, to answer survey questions.. My son tells the man, "sorry sir, we don't answer survey's in this household". I tell my kids don't talk to, or take candy or drugs, or have sex with strangers, and he comes up with that! I have to apologize to my candidate for president Tom Tancredo.. My big chance to answer a Rasmussen poll and say "Tom Tancredo", and my kid blows it big time!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home