Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Elderly, Moderates Power McCain in Fla



It's a dark, dark day in Florida politics. What have you done? What were you thinking? I must admit I grossly underestimated the gullibility of some republicans to be swayed by polls and endorsements. I also did not fully understand just how deep religious bigotry and intolerance goes in the Sunshine State when it comes to Mormons. There are winners and losers in last night's debacle. You celebrate a victory if you are an illegal alien, a R.I.N.O. or a liberal. It's a sad, sad day if you are a true conservative because the base of your party has sold their soul. To some,victory(i.e. beating Hillary) is more important than principal. I have to imagine that if Ronald Reagan were alive today there would be a tear running down his cheek.

I had to laugh last night as I watched Mel Martinez talk about John McCain being a man of honor. I wanted to ask Mel "what was honorable about committing adultery on your wife and dumping her after she was involved in a car accident and put on a little weight?" Maybe Mel could tell us about the honor involved in being one of the Keating Five? Read more about this honorable man in P.O.W. to Power Broker, A Chapter Most Telling

For some reason I'm reminded of this Biblical passage
But Jesus turning unto them said, Daughters of Jerusalem, weep not for me, but weep for yourselves, and for your children. Luke23:28

6 Comments:

At 8:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I honestly believe it was voter fraud in the Florida primaries. Illegal immigrants registered to vote, voting with buyer club cards, and worker ID badges. Juan Hernandez, dual citizen, who wrote the amnesty bill for McCain is his Hispanic outreach coordinater. Has anyone besides me ever listened to Hernandez? America and Mexico are one?

A read on Voter ID in Florida below.

http://www.miamiherald.com/458/story/359092.html

 
At 9:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Better off with Clinton then McCain? I wonder, at least we would have a fight between the Reps and Dems. With McCain, we are going directly to liberal hell. We are just finishing up with one left wing wacko Republican president, I don't think the country can survive another. I for one could never vote McCain and would shoot myself before voting Clinton. But rest assured, I will vote.

Jim in PA

 
At 10:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well "meye.. friends.." In the exit polls, the "war hero" John McCain gets 42% of the Military vote. What does that tell you?

 
At 11:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Explain this. CNN exit polls, show's the party ID of Republican voters (Florida is a closed primary where only registered Republicans can vote Republican)
Party ID
Democrat 3%
Republican 80%
Independent 17%

44% of Independents voted for McCain; 23% voted for Romney. Republican's 33% McCain, 33% Romney; Democrat votes insignifigant.

Why are the votes from Independents being counted, when it's against the law in Florida unless you are registered Republican 29 days prior to the election? Could you please answer me that Governor Crist?

 
At 11:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A vote for Hillary will do less damage to the Country than a vote for McCain. I can't believe I am saying this... If it's McCain, I'm down to two choices. Hillary, or whomever jumps in, in March as a third party.

 
At 2:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about this conspiracy theory using the CNN exit poll numbers.

Total Republican votes cast was:
1,920,350
17 percent of those were from Independents who aren't allowed to vote in the Republican primary but did which is.
326,460
McCain had a total vote of 693,508
Romney had a total vote of 598,188
CNN claims out of the Indepent votes 44% were for McCain and 33% were for Romney.

What if the Independents voted for McCain, and lied about voting for Romney. If you take McCain's total votes of 693,508; subtract the Independent votes that shouldn't have voted of 326,460, that is 367,048 that McCain would have gotten to Romney's 598,188.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home