Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Lake Howell coach faces sex charges

The Orlando Sentinel is reporting...

Just a week after a Lake Howell High School football player was killed in a traffic accident, the school was hit with more bad news: Head football coach Edward Norton was arrested Friday, accused of having sex with a student and taking nude photos of her.

The girl later told investigators she had had a consensual sexual relationship with Norton since May. She said they had intercourse more than 10 times and participated in other sexual activities, according to the arrest report.

School Superintendent Bill Vogel on Friday suspended Norton with pay, but said he would ask the School Board to suspend him without pay when it meets Tuesday. A school investigation should be complete in a week to 10 days, Vogel said, and at that time he will recommend whether to fire Norton.

Vogel said Norton admitted having sex with the girl and taking photos of her.
A couple of questions here. Does this guy deserve to go to jail for a consensual relationship? Should he be labeled a sex offender for the rest of his life? What do you have to do to get fired from the Seminole County School District, kill somebody?

8 Comments:

At 3:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Coach Notton should be sent to jail for a long time. This probably isn't the first time he has done this. He deserves to be punished. That girl was manipulated. I should know. I know her. She is my friend. This should never have happend. He should have been stopped years ago.

 
At 3:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Norton is a horable man. He should be sent to hell for what he has done to that girl. She does not deserve this. She was manipulated.

 
At 9:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah i happen to know both people because i go to lake howell high school. im a junior there and i happen to think as bad as it is for the school it wasnt like he raped her. she truly loves him so thats all i have to say

 
At 12:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Norton is a Dirty old dog, but however he is a good man, just not around my girls you know. Hey I went to Oviedo and I know this man best.... In my opinion hey too much comotion for this I mean both sides are cool with it so let it be.....

 
At 8:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think coach NOrton is sick. I think he took advantage of a child. A grown man with his amount of life experience definitely is definitley a sick freak. The girl is too young to know what real love is. Coach Norton is an oppotunistic pervert with his own fat old man issues. I used to adore coach Norton as a student of his in 94 and 97 and then later as a grown woman for his continued excellence in education. I also went out of my way in assuring His ill father was attended to properly when ever I was on duty at the hospital his father was a patient in. I'm glad he was caught because my daughter may have eventually been a student of his. Norton wouldn't have made it to jail physically unscathed. Veronica

 
At 2:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not saying what he did was right or wrong but consider this: they BOTH admit to a sexual relationship. It takes two to tango and I dont buy this victim crap. She knew what she was getting into and so did he. She should be punished as well.

 
At 10:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Edward Norton was an amazing person who had an extraordinary and sometimes seemingly unethical way of connecting to his students to get them interested in learning. During his time at Oviedo High School his methods and influence have left and effect that will always have an huge impact on my life.

 
At 3:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Coach Norton is the man. That chick was smoking.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home