Saturday, June 10, 2006

RACY TEST GIVEN TO MIDDLE SCHOOLERS...

Test Given To Students Asked "Do You Like Ordinary Sex?"

Teacher Disciplined For "Racy" Test Given To Students

From WFTV.com
TITUSVILLE, Fla. -- School officials disciplined a middle school teacher fordistributing a reportedly "racy" personality test during a summer orientation.

"I didn't really think it was that bad, but it was that bad," said Harry Huff, who learned about the test from his son. Huff met with the principal of Madison Middle School on Tuesday.

The test contained more than 200 questions and was designed to measure "strong-mindedness." Some were ordinary questions like "Would you like to learn to be a pilot?" or "Do you dislike spicy food?"

But there were at least five questions some parents, including Huff, found fault with. Those questions asked things like "Do you like ordinary sex?" or "Would you take part in an orgy?"

Madison Middle's principal Joan Sparks said it all came down to a bad mistake. She said an inexperienced teacher named Ms. Williams didn't read all of the questions on the test before giving it to 34 students.

"You always need to read everything," said Sparks.

Still, some parents like Rachel Quillen wondered if other questions like "Do you sometimes have cruel fantasies?" might have signaled that the personality test meant for entertainment was not one that belonged at a middle school.

"If she can't make a judgment call that these questions aren't appropriate for 12 or 13 years old, then I don't want her teaching my child," said Quillen.
I'm talking about it Monday with you!

1 Comments:

At 6:57 AM, Blogger iwrote1 said...

Hey Pat. My son went to Astronaut high school in Titusville several years ago and one day I noticed a book he was reading for his English class and I was taken aback. It was a paperback book given to him by a teacher about a teenager whose boyfriend kills her father - and together they drink her father's blood. The girl comments: 'now I know that you love me because you're willing to kill for me.'

I was livid. The teacher, who was quite pleasant and nonchalant about the matter, tried to express her viewpoint to me by saying "..oh I don't like the content either because I'm a Christian too. But I think if it gets the kids to read they'll want to gravitate to the more classic works like Moby Dick or Tom Sawyer." "Then why not give them the classics now?" "Because that won't catch their eye the way these 'Goosebumps' books will." "I won't allow my son to read this evil inspired literature." "Well your son can choose something else and it will be fine." "Look lady, I don't want my neighbors kids reading crap that tells them that love can be expressed by killing someone."

I had to threaten to get the media involved before the school relented and put a stop to this lunacy. But they may have continued it later.

We are letting our children be taught by freakin lunatics in the public schools and unless a parent is on top of what their children are being taught, they could grow up to be killers or politicians!



Ken from Erie, PA

http://iwrote1.blogspot.com/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home