Saturday, February 24, 2007

New York Diocese Cancels McAuliffe Catholic School Talk after Pro-Abortion Remarks

SYRACUSE, New York, February 23, 2007 (LifeSiteNews.com) - The Roman Catholic Diocese of Syracuse canceled a planned appearance by Terry McAuliffe, key supporter of U.S. Sen. Hillary Clinton, at his old Catholic high school, after discovering he made pro-abortion comments earlier this year in a radio interview.

The chairman of Sen. Clinton’s presidential campaign, McAuliffe was scheduled to give a presentation at Bishop Ludden High School in Syracuse Feb. 24, on his recently-published memoirs What a Party! My Life Among Democrats: Presidents, Candidates, Donors, Activists, Alligators and Other Wild Animals.

Looks like Terry lied to me during the interview last Friday. He told me everyone was aware of his pro-choice stance, even the Pope. Looks like the Bishop in the diocese where Terry went to High School didn't get the memo.

4 Comments:

At 10:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

pat,
once again you put people who lie to others in their place, and you let the world know their true agendas, by the way did you ever find out how to invest a hundred bucks to make a cool million???

 
At 11:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is the difference between Islam and Catholicism, if because you don't totally agree with their doctrine, your not a true believer and a sinner, not welcome in the faith.

I also was raised Catholic, and I am Pro-Abortion. I was married 9 years, had an 8 year old daughter, and was divorced. When my current wife and I, now married 26 years, also raised catholic, tried to get married in the church she grew up in, the priest told us we were sinners, and refused to marry us. But, if I had my first marriage annuled for a small fee (ie: $2,000.) he would marry us. I said, father, so if I have the marriage annuled, than I would have had a child out of wedlock, and would have been a sinner, and my 7 year old would have been illegitimate.. He called us sinners again, told us we were not worthy, and walked away. We married Lutheran, no questions asked. Have not set foot in a Catholic church since, other than for a funeral. Maybe that is why people are leaving the church. Intollerance. Islam; Catholicism.. similar.. maybe. maybe not. Once Terry gives a large donation to the Catholic church, he will be welcome again. Money talks. It worked for Giuliani.. Frank Sinatra.., the Kennedy's and others.

 
At 12:24 PM, Blogger Pat Campbell said...

Anonymous I think you've told this story before on my blog. Let me ask you this...Why would anyone belong to a church when you clearly don't believe what they teach? Case in point McAuliffe. He claims to be Catholic yet supports partial birth abortion, an extreme view that clearly is in conflict with what the Church teaches. There are over 30,000 Christian denominations find one that teaches what you believe. When in doubt you can always become a Unitarian.

 
At 12:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I suspect McAuliffe expected a warm welcome, because he misjudged the venue. The American branch of the Roman Catholic Denomination is schizo: Some want to be conservative and follow all the rules, and some don't. McAuliffe didn't look before he leaped, and landed in a place controlled by the conservative camp. I doubt that it will do him any permanent harm. John Kerry dodged the bullet, and so can McAuliffe.

People can solve all of these little problems for themselves if they do as I did: Leave the RCD and vote conservative.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home