Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Despair is not an option

Please check out this excellent post at The Other McCain

A winner never quits, and a quitter never wins.


-- Vince Lombardi


Tuesday night, I took a break from cleaning out my desk to attend an event with some young conservatives. About 9 p.m., one guy checked his Blackberry to see the Florida results, and the reaction -- I said they were conservatives, didn't I? -- was disappointment at the news that Crazy Cousin John had narrowly edged Mitt Romney in the winner-take-all primary.

The next reaction was equally predictable: "Oh, McCain's got momentum ... going to be hard for Romney to recover by Super Tuesday" etc., etc.

In other words, despair and defeatism, an acceptance of what The Experts have said would be the inevitable consequences of this event.

Don't quit, boys. For God's sake, don't ever quit. So long as there is room for hope, so long as victory is a possibility, so long as you have strength for the fight, you owe it to yourself to keep hoping and keep fighting.

Hope and courage must always go hand-in-hand. If you will spread hope and encouragement in this dark hour of disappointment, you will do more for your candidate than you know.

"Look," I said to my young friends, "starting Wednesday at noon, Rush Limbaugh is going to pull out all the stops. He's going to hammer McCain with everything he's got. He's going to come at him from every angle, for three solid hours, and then he's going to do it for another three hours on Thursday, then Friday, then Monday, then Tuesday. You can count on 15 hours of Rush doing all he can to persuade conservatives not to vote for McCain, and that's got to have some effect. Romney made it close in Florida, and a week is forever in politics. ...."

Et cetera. There is room for hope, and therefore there is no room for despair.

Listen up, Romneyites: You've got Rush Limbaugh on your side, and that's the kind of message-power that no other candidate can match. Rush spent a couple weeks on a Stop Huckabee jag, and then he spent a couple of weeks messing around with the whole Obama-Hillary matchup. But that's over now.

John McCain may be only 6 days away from locking up the Republican nomination, and Rush Limbaugh is 100% dedicated to preventing that. Do not underestimate that, and therefore do not despair.

Huckabee got 14% in Florida. He's your biggest obstacle to defeating Crazy Cousin John.

6 Comments:

At 11:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you don't win fair and square, it is cheating, and a cheater never wins.

-- unknown

Or do they? I will not support a cheater. Like my mother told me as a child. Winning isn't everything and sometimes a cheater needs to be taught a lesson.

 
At 5:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Sticks and stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me" Nah, nahh, nah, nahhhhh, myyy friends! Suck it up like a POW war hero!

-- John McCain

 
At 10:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Birds of a feather flock together..

-- unknown

Now I know where I heard that annoying "my friend" from. Dr. Juan Hernandez, that believe's Mexico and the Southwest US are all one region, not US, but Mexifornia, or whatever, all the way to Colorado. He uses that phrase after almost every sentence. "myyy friend!" He is McCain's Hispanic outreach coordinator. It must be a secret code to connect with the illegal immigrant voters. Like "Heh amigo I'm not a gringo"

By the way, McCain looked like the mad cat that swallowed the canary tonight at the debate. He must have been on valium to keep that temper down. Myy friends.. I,I,I, me, me, me.. you owe me!!!!

 
At 1:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I hate the gooks" "I will hate them as long as I live"

-- Johm McCain

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2000/02/18/MN32194.DTL

Wonder what he says about the Hispanic's at the dinner table....

 
At 3:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Were going to tell the bigots to shut-up"

-- Potential McCain VP running mate, Lindsey Graham

Watch me on U-Tube about how I feel about you bigot's against illegal immigration.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sEfrFoAIn4

 
At 10:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

77 old sayings that remind me of Juan McCain.

1. "I know I'm paranoid, but am I paranoid enough?" - Tom Clancy
2. "Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck." - Joss Whedon
3. "Stupidity, if left untreated, is self-correcting." - Heinlein
4. A man wrapped up in himself makes a very small package.
5. A person is just about as big as the things that make them angry.
6. A religious war is like children fighting over who has the strongest imaginary friend.
7. According to my calculations the problem doesn't exist.
8. Admit nothing, deny everything and make counter-accusations.
9. Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat them.
10. Am I ranting? I hope so. My ranting gets raves.
11. Any clod can have the facts, but having an opinion is an art.
12. Anybody can win, unless there happens to be a second entry.
13. Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
14. Attitude determines your altitude.
15. Between two evils always pick the one you haven't tried.
16. Bravery is being the only one who knows you're afraid.
17. Chaos, panic, pandemonium - my work here is done.
18. Character is what you are. Reputation is what people think you are.
19. Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum. I think that I think, therefore I think that I am.
20. Computers are useless. They can only give you answers.
21. Don't argue with a fool. The spectators can't tell the difference.
22. Don't be humble, you're not that great.
23. Don't be sexist. Broads hate that.
24. Don't believe everything you think.
25. Don't let yesterday take up to much of today.
26. Don't tell any big lies today. Small ones can be just as effective.
27. Don't tell me how hard you work. Tell me how much you get done.
28. Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
29. Even at a Mensa convention someone is the dumbest person in the room.
30. Every man has his price. Mine is $3.95.
31. Every absurdity has a champion who will defend it.
32. Everyone leaves the world a little better - some by leaving.
33. Examine what is said, not who speaks.
34. Experience is the name that everyone gives to their mistakes.
35. For every problem there is one solution which is simple, neat and wrong.
36. Flying isn't dangerous. Crashing is what's dangerous.
37. Friendly fire - isn't.
38. Gee, Toto, I don't think we're in kansas anymore.
39. Friends come and go, enemies accumulate.
40. Friends help you move. Real friends help you move bodies.
41. Give a jackass an education and you get a smartass.
42. God made us brothers, but prozac made us friends.
43. I am willing to make the mistakes if someone else is willing to learn from them.
44. I didn’t say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you.
45. I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
46. I still miss my ex. But my aim is getting better.
47. I'm a nobody, nobody is perfect, therefore I'm perfect.
48. I'm not crazy, but the voices in my head might be.
49. I'm not paranoid, they really are after me.
50. I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up your ass.
51. If everything seems to be going right, you obviously don't know what the hell is going on.
52. If god is inside us, then I hope he likes Fajita's, cause that's what he's getting. (you bigots)
53. If we don't protect freedom of speech, we will never know who the assholes are.
54. If you can't remember, the claymore is pointed towards you.
55. If you cannot convince them, confuse them.
56.It's better to keep your mouth shut and have people think you are a fool than to open it and remove any lingering doubt.
57. Never argue with a fool, they will lower you to their level and then beat you with experience.
58. Never underestimate the power of a small tactical nuclear weapon.
59. Of course there's no reason for it, it's just our policy.
60. Old age is nothing to worry about, except if you're a cheese.
61. Old soldiers never die. Young ones do.
62. Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more
63. Only the winners decide what were war crimes.
64. Optimist: Someone without much experience.
65. Send lawyers, guns and money!
66. Sometimes a majority only means that all the fools are on the same side.
67. Tact is the art of making a point without making an enemy.
68. The doctors X-rayed my head and found nothing.
69. The dumber people think you are, the more surprised they're going to be when you kill them.
70. The trouble with ignorance is that it picks up confidence as it goes along.
71. The truth is what is; what should be is a dirty lie.
72. The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
73. There are three kinds of lies: Lies, Damn Lies, and Statistics.
74. War does not determine who is right - only who is left.
75. When the pin is pulled, Mr. grenade is not our friend.
76. Which is worse: Ignorance or apathy? Who knows? Who cares?
77. A man is known by the company he keeps

 

Post a Comment

<< Home