Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Nothing like pouring a little salt in the wound.

Meanwhile, Michael Schiavo's attorney said yesterday that Terri's ashes were interred Monday (June 20th) in a Clearwater, Florida, cemetery. The statement from George Felos didn't explain why Schiavo decided to inter Terri's remains in Florida, after previously saying they'd be buried at a family plot in Pennsylvania. Felos also said the Schindlers had been notified of the service and interment, however AP reports that the Schindlers said they weren't told until after the ceremony was over.

Michael Schiavo had written on the bronze marker for his wife's grave, "I kept my promise," along with the description of her as "Beloved Wife," AP reports. The marker also list February 25, 1990, the day Schiavo collapsed and fell into a vegetative state, as she, quote, "Departed the Earth," and March 31, 2005, the day she actually died, as the date when she was, quote, "At peace".

More...

Terri's brother, Bobby Schindler, released the following statement in reponse to the inscription on Terri's burial site marker

"This clearly illustrates the spiteful lengths to which Michael Schiavo will go in order to purposely hurt those that loved Terri unconditionally – her family. It seems to me that the only intention of this inscription was to be hurtful, and had absolutely nothing to do with Terri, but only to cause my parents additional pain over the loss of their child. Maybe even more tragic, is that in doing so, Michael Schiavo shows nothing but a lack of respect for Terri."
The inscription also contradicts Michael's 1992 testimony he gave during a malpractice suit against Terri's doctor that ended in his favor. Michael testified, "I believe in the vows that I took with my wife. Through sickness, in health, for richer or poorer. I married my wife because I love her and I want to spend the rest of my life with her. I'm going to do that."


Terri's grave marker is inscribed at the bottom with the words "I kept my promise," apparently aimed at memorializing her husband who successfully brought about her death by withholding food and water

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home