Sunday, December 18, 2005

Black-history month ripped as 'ridiculous'


WND is reporting...

Actor Morgan Freeman has a solution to the problem of racism – "Stop talking about it!"

In a CBS News' 60 Minutes profile of the Oscar-winning actor scheduled to air tonight, Freeman tells Mike Wallace labels like "white" and "black" are an obstacle to defeating racism.

"I am going to stop calling you a white man and I'm going to ask you to stop calling me a black man," he says. "I know you as Mike Wallace. You know me as Morgan Freeman. You wouldn't say, 'Well, I know this white guy named Mike Wallace.' You know what I'm saying?"

The actor also criticizes Black History Month, saying setting aside a special month actually segregates black history from American history. Calling the idea "ridiculous," Freeman notes there's no "white history month."

"You're going to relegate my history to a month?" Freeman asks Wallace. "I don't want a black history month. Black history is American history," he says.

3 Comments:

At 10:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Black-history month is RIDICULOUS! I know I laugh out loud every time someone mentions it to me. More garbage from the left wing wackos.

Jim in PA

 
At 7:38 AM, Blogger wayTOtheRIGHT said...

i want to thank Morgan Freeman for saying what everyone should be saying.

blacks are creating most of the racism that happens in todays society.

yes there is still hate.

there always be hate from both sides thta lashes out towards all others who arent like them.

the majority of people are just interested in existing in harmony. you know kinda like that paul mccartney / stevie wonder song "ebony and ivory".

thank you Morgan Freeman for saying what needs to be said.

 
At 7:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bill Cosby . . . now Morgan Freeman, I'm glad to see these prominent role models speaking itelligently about race. Kudos to my favorite Electric Company cast member!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home