Sunday, December 18, 2005

Black-history month ripped as 'ridiculous'


WND is reporting...

Actor Morgan Freeman has a solution to the problem of racism – "Stop talking about it!"

In a CBS News' 60 Minutes profile of the Oscar-winning actor scheduled to air tonight, Freeman tells Mike Wallace labels like "white" and "black" are an obstacle to defeating racism.

"I am going to stop calling you a white man and I'm going to ask you to stop calling me a black man," he says. "I know you as Mike Wallace. You know me as Morgan Freeman. You wouldn't say, 'Well, I know this white guy named Mike Wallace.' You know what I'm saying?"

The actor also criticizes Black History Month, saying setting aside a special month actually segregates black history from American history. Calling the idea "ridiculous," Freeman notes there's no "white history month."

"You're going to relegate my history to a month?" Freeman asks Wallace. "I don't want a black history month. Black history is American history," he says.

2 Comments:

At 10:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Black-history month is RIDICULOUS! I know I laugh out loud every time someone mentions it to me. More garbage from the left wing wackos.

Jim in PA

 
At 7:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bill Cosby . . . now Morgan Freeman, I'm glad to see these prominent role models speaking itelligently about race. Kudos to my favorite Electric Company cast member!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home