Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Ray Nagin: It’s Time To Rebuild a “Chocolate” New Orleans (VIDEO)




MAYOR RAY NAGIN: We as black people, it’s time, it’s time for us to come together. It’s time for us to rebuild a New Orleans, the one that should be a chocolate New Orleans and I don’t care what people are saying uptown or wherever they are, this city will be chocolate at the end of the day.

Can you imagine if Orlando Mayor Buddy Dyer called for a creamy white Orlando? What would the reaction be?

Ray also speaks on behalf of the big man upstairs-Gawd!

"As we think about rebuilding New Orleans, surely God is mad at America. He sent us hurricane after hurricane after hurricane, and it’s destroyed and put stress on this country. Surely he’s not approval (sic) of us being in Iraq under false pretenses. But surely he is upset at black America also.”

Why is it people like Ray Nagin and Pat Robertson always know God's will but I don't?

5 Comments:

At 8:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some times you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't!

 
At 5:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's interesting. I saw an article about Nagin's speech, but I focused on the part with which I agreed, the part in which Nagin suggested that black people should do more for themselves. I applaud that. I never expected a suck-off-the-federal-teat Democrat like Nagin to advocate self reliance, so I was very surprised by his doing so.

The following can be found at
http://www.ajc.com/news/content/shared-gen/ap/National/Katrina_Nagin.html
?cxntnid=amn011706e :

"I don't think that we need to pay
attention any more as much about other folks and racists on the other side... The thing we need to focus on as a community — black
folks I'm talking about — is ourselves."

"We as a people need to fix ourselves first."

 
At 3:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree that Nagin is severely flawed, but his remarks about self sufficiency are a ray of hope in a dark, liberal tunnel.

 
At 8:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

chocolate covered stawberries, now those are yummy!

 
At 2:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Louis Farrahkan also has the same philosophy. I'll bet Bill the antichrist donates some money to the Nation of Islam, just as the leader of the KKK did. It takes one racist to another.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home