Tuesday, January 17, 2006

It's started already!

These bastards on the left are going after Glenn Beck just like they went after Dr. Laura and Michael Savage.

Media Matters for America Denounces CNN's Decision to Sign Controversial Conservative Radio Host Glenn Beck

Beck has referred to Katrina victims as 'scumbags' and once proclaimed: "It took me about a year to start hating the 9-11 victims' families"

January 17, 2006 (Washington, DC) -- Media Matters for America today criticized the reported hiring by CNN Headline News of controversial, nationally syndicated conservative radio host Glenn Beck. Beck has signed onto the network "for an hourlong talkshow," according to a January 17 report in Variety.

"CNN Headline News' decision to sign Glenn Beck is a slap in the face to the families of 9-11 victims, whom Beck has proclaimed he 'hate[s];' it is a slap in the face to victims of Hurricane Katrina, whom Beck has called 'scumbags,' " said David Brock, President and CEO of Media Matters.

Media Matters has documented some of Beck's more notable comments:

On families of the victims of the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks: "[T]his is horrible to say, and I wonder if I'm alone in this -- you know, it took me about a year to start hating the 9-11 victims' families? Took me about a year."

On Hurricane Katrina survivors who remained in New Orleans: "And that's all we're hearing about, are the people in New Orleans. Those are the only ones that we're seeing on television are the scumbags -- and again, it's not all the people in New Orleans. Most of the people in New Orleans got out! It's just a small percentage of those who were left in New Orleans, or who decided to stay in New Orleans, and they're getting all the attention."

Discussing disclosures from a caller who claimed to have tortured prisoners in U.S. custody: "I've got to tell you, I appreciate your service. ... Good for you. Good for -- I mean, good for you. Is it because you did it for the country? ... I have to tell you, when all is said and done, I'm glad people like you are on our side."

On filmmaker Michael Moore: "Hang on, let me just tell you what I'm thinking. I'm thinking about killing Michael Moore, and I'm wondering if I could kill him myself, or if I would need to hire somebody to do it. No, I think I could. I think he could be looking me in the eye, you know, and I could just be choking the life out -- is this wrong?"

On the father of Nick Berg, American civilian executed in Iraq: "The want to be a better person today than I was yesterday says he's a dad, he's grieving, but I don't buy that. I'm sorry, I don't buy it. I think he is grieving, but I think he's a scumbag as well. I don't like this guy at all."

"For CNN to tap an unapologetic preacher of hate signals a desperate and misguided ploy for ratings without regard for the thousands of Americans Beck has offended with his malicious commentary," added Brock.

4 Comments:

At 4:48 AM, Blogger YIH said...

I don't have cable, so it matters little the Glenn Beck is on Headline News. And I'm suprised you mention Savage at all.
But it does bother me when I hear ''the gays/liberals destroyed Dr. Laura''. First, if you had ever seen her TV show you would know no one NEEDED to ''destroy'' it.
It self-destructed. It REALLY WAS THAT BAD. I was a fan of her radio show at the time, but the TV show was so slow, drab and dull I gave up after two weeks of it.
Ch. 6 moved it to 3am before the Nov. sweeps and kept it there.
She herself attmitted in an interview ''there is little overlap between my radio an TV audiences''.
At the time she was head-to-head with Rush for largest radio audience.
She ''jumped the shark'' with that awful TV show. It wound up ruining her radio show as well...

 
At 7:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As time goes on, the "left" continues to shoot itself in the foot with its comments and I suspect this will only escalate with the passage of time. This can only be very good for those in our right minds. They are truly nuts!

 
At 7:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If the show is as bad as Dennis Miller's it will be dead very quickly. Miller had only a few thousand viewers, out of millions of people who watch cable. Miller was on MSNBC, if anyone noticed. He was supposed to be their pro-Bush newly found conservative. I suppose Beck wil be CNN's attempt at right wing broadcasting.

 
At 7:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like glenn says "They just don't get it". It's funny how these reporters think that a line out of context tells people everything they need to know about this person. Let's just wait and see.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home