Shame on you if you missed it. The good news is we will rerun it as a best of on Memorial Day. We talked about anything and everything including the first time I saw him in concert. We discussed his controversial comments at the recent NRA convention.Ted talked about his recent tour with Toby Keith. You know I had to bring up the Dixie Chicks, Ted unloaded with both barrels. He spoke from the heart about Terri Schiavo and the problem with our courts. Offered his solution for sex offenders like John Couey. I asked him how he avoided the pitfalls of drugs and alcohol that snarl so many rockers.
* Ted Nugent performed for 55,000 Marines, Sailors & their families at Camp Pendleton's Rockin' the Corps on April 1, alongside with fellow Destiny’s Child, Godsmack, Kiss, and more.
* Ted Nugent has just come off the road from his 2005 Big Throwdown Tour with Toby Keith.
* Back by popular demand! Introducing the all-new, BloodTrails II. This newly edited and revised version of Ted Nugent's first book features 256 pages of riveting hunt stories, including new photos and Teditorials. Available now from Woods N’ Water, Inc.
* Ted's Political Protest Song, STAND, was featured in the November 2004 issue of Blender magazine, and at www.blender.com
* Ted has recently returned stateside from his USO Tour of the Persian Gulf.
* Ted Nugent Spirit of the Wild was been voted #1 Hunting Show on the Outdoor Channel for the third time!
*Latest DVD: FULL BLUNTAL NUGITY, features Ted and the band performing live in
* Ted Nugent has been profiled on A & E's BIOGRAPHY, and on VH1's BEHIND
* Ted is currently serving his fourth term on the NRA's Board of Directors.
* Ted and his wife Shemane have co-authored the KILL IT & GRILL IT
cookbook, recently released from Regnery Publishing!!! KILL IT & GRILL IT
has been featured on David Letterman, Rush Limbaugh, The O'Reilly
Factor and more!
* Ted's hunting anthem, FRED BEAR was voted 3rd Best Alltime Rock Song in the state
of Michigan. (Stairway to Heaven & Hotel California placed 1st and 2nd
* Ted's book, GOD, GUNS AND ROCK-N-ROLL is a New York Times
* MTV CRIBS show, featuring the Nugent Ranch.
* Ted recently received the James Fenimore Cooper Award for his many
accomplishments in the field of writing, and for his enormous contributions
in the promotion of our American hunting and outdoor heritage.
* Ted was recently named Michigan Conservationist of the Year.
* Nugent is writing for over 40 publications nationwide. Including regular
columns in STUFF Magazine, RAZOR, Deer & Deer Hunting, Midwest Outdoors,
Insights, Petersen's Bowhunting, Jackson Citizen Patriot, AND HIS OWN TED
NUGENT ADVENTURE OUTDOORS.
The Ted Nugent Gonzo Auction, which is being hosted by Backstage Auctions from May 15 – 22, 2005, will raise money for the Ted Nugent Kamp For Kids a non-profit organization founded by Ted Nugent.
The Ted Nugent Kamp For Kids provides boys and girls aged 9-15, with the ultimate outdoor experience and teaches them to be assets to their lives, their families, their communities and nature. The kamp’s unique curriculum combines hands-on hunting, conservation and recreation education with fundamentals of our constitution and American freedoms with the ultimate goal of giving them an alternative to a lifestyle of drugs and violence.
With the belief that the youth of today are the future of America, Nugent explains, “Ted Nugent Kamp For Kids is a celebration of the American Dream, of being the best that you can be. Our kids get a spirit rousing hands-on lesson in a quality of life upgrade by connecting to the good mother earth and our intellectual drive to be better and more conscientious stewards of our precious life-giving renewable resources. Through the disciplines of certified hunter safety courses, archery and firearms training, these kids immerse themselves in the dynamic of that higher level of awareness that is the ultimate outdoors lifestyle radar celebration. With this powerful lesson in independence and self-sufficiency, they become soldiers against the scourge of so called “peer pressure” of drugs, alcohol, tobacco, gang and crime hell that is so prevalent today. Ted Nugent Kamp For Kids saves lives and makes America’s future brighter.”
The Gonzo Auction features items from Ted’s legendary musical career along with some special items including a custom 1994 ZR1 Corvette, hunting paraphernalia and trophies. The auction will feature original gold and platinum record awards, vintage stage worn attire (some of which were previously on display at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame), as well as guitars from Ted’s personal collection. “As a collector,” explains Backstage Auctions owner Jacques van Gool, “I find myself in awe over the rich history of each piece. The record awards, Ted’s stage worn coyote tail, 1964 Fender Six String bass guitar and mounted hunting trophies all represent Ted’s success, both on and off stage. Anyone who is a collector and/or a Nugent fan will find something they want out of his personal collection of authentic memorabilia. This auction truly represents All Things Nuge.”
While classic rock fans have watched artists come and go over the past 30 years, Nugent’s legendary music career has run from the late 1960’s to the present day, and is as active today as ever. Over the years his deep interest in hunting, environment, politics and a drug-free culture have made Ted one of rock and roll’s most memorable and fascinating personalities, and this auction covers all of his interests and endeavors. It is a rare glimpse into the life and career of a true rock icon.
Backstage Auctions is a leading online auction company specializing in classic rock memorabilia direct from the private collections of music industry professionals. Founded on the principles of combining their clients’ career achievements and popularity with the demand and interest of collectors and fans who desire truly authentic and unique collectibles, Backstage Auctions is the place where rock legends live on. For more information and to see a sneak preview of some of the great items featured in The Gonzo Auction go to www.backstageauctions.com. For more information on Ted Nugent and his Kamp for Kids go to www.tednugent.com.